California has one of the strictest programs for the registration and use of pesticides in the United States. While the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (CDPR) has the primary responsibility for regulating all aspects of pesticide sales and use, including licensing of pesticide applicators, CDPR has delegated training and certification for public health pesticides to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). The California Vector Control Technician Certification and Continuing Education Guidelines provide detailed procedures for certification and continuing education requirements. To help guide MVCAC members responsible for coordinating Vector Control Technician certification and continuing education at their agencies, we have created a simple overview of the process and direct links to resources.
MVCAC > Training & Certification
- Vector Ecologist, Merced County MAD (September 18, 2019)
- Vector Control Technician, Shasta MVCD (September 11, 2019)
- Vector Ecologist / Fish Biologist, Butte County MVCD (September 4, 2019)
- RT @GLACVCD #HappeningNow: Community Liaison Kuan and Gongora are sharing mosquito breeding prevention and disease protection i… https://t.co/yA0tpyvIf9
- RT @ada_eez @DeltaVCD REPELLENT🦟 #ThankYouNext https://t.co/Zvyg8OZJqP
- RT @OCVector #SourceSeries: Anything that can hold water can potentially breed mosquitoes. Check your yard weekly for natural an… https://t.co/fEaEVVUQBZ