California has one of the strictest programs for the registration and use of pesticides in the United States. While the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (CDPR) has the primary responsibility for regulating all aspects of pesticide sales and use, including licensing of pesticide applicators, CDPR has delegated training and certification for public health pesticides to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). The California Vector Control Technician Certification and Continuing Education Guidelines provide detailed procedures for certification and continuing education requirements. To help guide MVCAC members responsible for coordinating Vector Control Technician certification and continuing education at their agencies, we have created a simple overview of the process and direct links to resources.
MVCAC > Training & Certification
- Fish Hatchery Technician I, San Joaquin County MVCD (March 22, 2019)
- Administrative Manager, Sutter-Yuba MVCD (March 18, 2019)
- Vector Control Aide (Seasonal), Contra Costa MVCD (March 14, 2019)
- RT @SYMVCD The annual Fight the Bite Contest is designed to inspire creativity while teaching kids the fundamentals of mosquit… https://t.co/Fp9DTk9MyL
- RT @OCVector #OCVector PIO Mary-Joy Coburn @OCVectorWoman was a guest on the live morning talk show “This Day” to talk about mos… https://t.co/YwWApmD2E7
- RT @ComptonCreekMAD .@CountyofLA Halts Use of Popular Weed Killer on County Property https://t.co/OEaqWJIEZO @mridleythomas… https://t.co/eAJVUUKpPU