California has one of the strictest programs for the registration and use of pesticides in the United States. While the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (CDPR) has the primary responsibility for regulating all aspects of pesticide sales and use, including licensing of pesticide applicators, CDPR has delegated training and certification for public health pesticides to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). The California Vector Control Technician Certification and Continuing Education Guidelines provide detailed procedures for certification and continuing education requirements. To help guide MVCAC members responsible for coordinating Vector Control Technician certification and continuing education at their agencies, we have created a simple overview of the process and direct links to resources.
MVCAC > Training & Certification
Having Problems with Mosquitoes?
- Biologist, Coachella Valley MVCD (July 1, 2020)
- Business Services Supervisor, Merced MAD (June 19, 2020)
- Seasonal Mosquito Control Technician, Merced County MAD (May 18, 2020)
- RT @OCVector At-Home Science Kits are on their way! Be on the lookout for your kit. If you haven’t requested a Science Kit, sign… https://t.co/YokouOpkYa
- RT @SYMVCD The Mosquito Buster Squad returns! Stay cool inside and color in the Dress Wizard and her long sleeves and long pan… https://t.co/8wZx0uNPFC
- Happy #FourthofJuly In honor of the holiday our offices will be closed on Friday, July 3rd, 2020. Reopening on Mond… https://t.co/JeDvOTkYBC