MVCAC plays an active role in ensuring new legislation and regulations are beneficial to mosquito and vector control districts’ mission to further the protection of public health. In addition to tracking and responding to proposed legislation, MVCAC strives to keep legislators informed of issues of concern to vector control and provides expertise on potential legislative or regulatory solutions. Explore the sections below to learn more about the issues and how to advocate for effective mosquito control.
MVCAC > Advocacy & Legislation
Having Problems with Mosquitoes?
- Technical Development Specialist – Valent BioSciences, LLC (March 16, 2020)
- Extra Help Seasonal Mosquito Control Aide, East Side MAD (March 13, 2020)
- Assistant Vector Control Technician (Temporary), Antelope Valley MVCD (March 13, 2020)
- RT @SMCMVCD Ticks aren't the only risk out on the trails right now. @SMCParks reminds you to stay home, stay local, and stay sa… https://t.co/u9QELJPJ1K
- RT @SMCMVCD Rain is on the forecast for this weekend. Now is the time to TIP (turn upside-down) or TOSS (throw away or store in… https://t.co/D75X5B3npW
- RT @ComptonCreekMAD Novel #Coronavirus cannot be transmitted by #Mosquitoes. For the latest updates on #COVID19, follow @WHO, @CDCgov &… https://t.co/8SPZAAw6nU