MVCAC plays an active role in ensuring new legislation and regulations are beneficial to mosquito and vector control districts’ mission to further the protection of public health. In addition to tracking and responding to proposed legislation, MVCAC strives to keep legislators informed of issues of concern to vector control and provides expertise on potential legislative or regulatory solutions. Explore the sections below to learn more about the issues and how to advocate for effective mosquito control.
MVCAC > Advocacy & Legislation
Having Problems with Mosquitoes?
- Extra Help Vector Control Technician, San Gabriel Valley MVCD (July 29, 2021)
- Operations Director, San Mateo County MVCD (July 28, 2021)
- Assistant Vector Ecologist/Vector Ecologist, Greater Los Angeles County VCD (July 26, 2021)
- RT @ComptonCreekMAD “#Mosquitoes infected with #WestNile virus were discovered in the east #CoachellaValley community of Mecca, officia… https://t.co/Eq48PWO8fZ
- RT @ConsolidatedMAD This is a BG-Sentinel trap. It is one of the traps we use to collect mosquitoes. Dry ice and a smelly lure are used… https://t.co/a5cTNKdva5
- RT @GLAmosquito Our District has confirmed #WestNileVirus positive mosquito samples in #LACounty. The positive mosquito samples wer… https://t.co/14F8HvyDPe