MVCAC plays an active role in ensuring new legislation and regulations are beneficial to mosquito and vector control districts’ mission to further the protection of public health. In addition to tracking and responding to proposed legislation, MVCAC strives to keep legislators informed of issues of concern to vector control and provides expertise on potential legislative or regulatory solutions. Explore the sections below to learn more about the issues and how to advocate for effective mosquito control.
MVCAC > Advocacy & Legislation
- Seasonal Helper, Sacramento-Yolo MVCD (May 17, 2019)
- Information Technology Specialist, San Mateo County MVCD (May 9, 2019)
- Vector Control Aide (Seasonal), Contra Costa MVCD (March 14, 2019)
- RT @SMCMVCD Raccoons and other urban wildlife aren't going anywhere, but you CAN take steps to keep them out of trouble. If ani… https://t.co/dITpOXpRsM
- RT @AMCAtweets 🚨@AMCAtweets joins a new coalition to bolster the fight against increasing incidences of diseases transmitted by ti… https://t.co/bLRrHWHZnp
- RT @MSMVCD #DYK- The life cycle of the western black-legged tick takes a minimum of 3 years. #themoreyouknow #ticks #lyme https://t.co/F9RiBxFGkd