MVCAC plays an active role in ensuring new legislation and regulations are beneficial to mosquito and vector control districts’ mission to further the protection of public health. In addition to tracking and responding to proposed legislation, MVCAC strives to keep legislators informed of issues of concern to vector control and provides expertise on potential legislative or regulatory solutions. Explore the sections below to learn more about the issues and how to advocate for effective mosquito control.
MVCAC > Advocacy & Legislation
Having Problems with Mosquitoes?
- Assistant Vector Control Manager, Santa Cruz County Mosquito Abatement / Vector Control (August 4, 2020)
- Laboratory Fishery Assistant, Orange County MVCD (July 28, 2020)
- Seasonal Vector Control Technician I, Northwest MVCD (February 25, 2020)
- RT @SMCMVCD West Nile virus has been detected in the northern part of Santa Clara County. We'll be conducting #WNV surveillance… https://t.co/PFKDPFuGP6
- RT @SCCVCD A treatment to reduce West Nile virus infected mosquitoes will take place in part of the 94022 zip code on Thurs. 8… https://t.co/sNQ7HDxENY
- RT @PlacerMosquito A new active ingredient that may repel and kill ticks, mosquitoes and a wide variety of other biting pests has been… https://t.co/5Gp9dTpmTS