MVCAC plays an active role in ensuring new legislation and regulations are beneficial to mosquito and vector control districts’ mission to further the protection of public health. In addition to tracking and responding to proposed legislation, MVCAC strives to keep legislators informed of issues of concern to vector control and provides expertise on potential legislative or regulatory solutions. Explore the sections below to learn more about the issues and how to advocate for effective mosquito control.
MVCAC > Advocacy & Legislation
Having Problems with Mosquitoes?
- Administrative Manager, Sacramento-Yolo MVCD (October 5, 2021)
- Laboratory Technician, Sacramento-Yolo MVCD (October 5, 2021)
- Maintenance Technician, Greater Los Angeles County VCD (October 1, 2021)
- RT @SGVMosquito Knock Knock 🚪 Who's there?👀 Butter🧈 Butter who? Butter TIP out stagnant #water or expect mosquitoes tomorrow. 💧🦟… https://t.co/3qvYxorc8e
- RT @AVMosquito Malaria is caused by Plasmodium parasites. The parasites are spread to people through the bites of infected female… https://t.co/Mg7qNfdyER
- RT @OCVector The OCMVCD has confirmed mosquito samples testing positive for West Nile virus (WNV) in @CityofTustin For more inf… https://t.co/BFsB75Ukom