- This event has passed.
How to Apply for the $100 Million Independent Special District COVID-19 Relief Fund: Register NOW for the Webinar with Department of Finance
September 27, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
BREAKING NEWS: The $100 Million Independent Special District COVID-19 Relief Fund application period is expected to open October 1 – 15. On Monday, September 27, 2021 Department of Finance (DOF) staff will hold a webinar in coordination with the California Special Districts Association (CSDA) on how to apply for funding from this $100 million for COVID-19 relief that was set aside in the State Budget to assist independent special districts.
During the webinar, DOF will discuss the allocation process, provide a preview of the web portal, and answer questions.
Webinar: September 27, 2021 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM. DOF will hold a webinar informational session for how to apply for funding. This webinar is offered by CSDA at no charge to both CSDA members and non-members.
Program Details. According to the Budget Act, this fund is available to provide fiscal relief to special districts that have met all the following criteria:
- The agency is an independent special district;
- The district is reporting fiscal impacts due to the COVID-19 public health emergency:
- The district has encountered unanticipated costs due to the pandemic during the eligible period of March 4, 2020 to June 15, 2021; and/or,
- The district has encountered loss of revenue during the eligible period, which is calculated using revenue from all fund sources of fiscal year 2020-21 compared against revenue from all fund sources of fiscal year 2018-19;
- The district has not yet received direct COVID-19 fiscal relief from the state or federal government.
According to the budget language, the plan for distribution must consider:
- Each qualifying district that applies for relief will receive a prorated share;
- Each district’s share will be based on a proportionate share of revenue losses reported by all qualifying districts (CSDA anticipates this to be construed by DOF to be distributed based on proportional impact);
- Applicants will self-attest to the accuracy of all information reported;
- There is no stated timeline for DOF to release the program funds, but once DOF orders the State Controller to remit funds to each County Auditor-Controller, they must disburse the funds within 30 days of receipt from the State Controller.