Certified Vector Control Technicians (VCTs) are required to obtain Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in the categories in which they are certified every two-year training cycle.
All VCTs must obtain 12 CEUs in Pesticide Application and Safety (Category A):
- A minimum of 4 units must be fulfilled by attending approved “Live, in-person” programs
- A maximum of 8 units may be fulfilled via approved “webinar” programs (live or recorded)
In addition, VCTs must obtain 8 CEUs in their specialty category(s) B, C, and/or D
- A minimum of 2 units must be fulfilled by attending approved “Live, in-person” programs
- A maximum of 6 units may be fulfilled via an approved “webinar” program (live or recorded)
How to Organize a CEU Program
Each Regional Training Coordinator will be responsible for planning and executing the training programs within his or her region. Regional Committee members are expected to work closely with the management of all agencies within their region to assure convenient and timely training opportunities. Program content will be evaluated on the basis of, but not limited to:
- Relevance to vector biology, ecology, disease, and integrated control
- Qualifications of instructors
- Expected level of instruction relative to educational level of the technicians
All program approval requests must be submitted to the CDPH at least 15 days prior to the date of the program. CDPH will assign a program approval number. For details on program criteria and approval process, please refer to the California VCT Certification and CE Guidelines.
Maintenance of Training Records
All Certified Technicians must electronically sign in to approved CE programs using their gold card via this electronic sign-in sheet to obtain CEUs for attending. Sign-in sheets should be sent to MVCAC as directed in these instructions to be entered into the CDPH Certification and Training website.
For Additional Information On CEU Programs – scheduled courses, attendance, how to create a live or recorded program – visit the resources below. You can also contact the CDPH Training and Certification Coordinator at (916) 552-9730 for additional information.
- Approved CEU Programs (requires login and password)
- CEU Webinars
- Attendance Log (requires login and password)
- How to use CEU Attendance Sheets
- CEU Attendance Sheet
- California VCT Certification and CE Guidelines
- How to Develop a Webinar with GoToMeeting
- Organizations that may provide live programs for CEUs (needs CDPH approval)