California has one of the strictest programs for the registration and use of pesticides in the United States. While the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (CDPR) has the primary responsibility for regulating all aspects of pesticide sales and use, including licensing of pesticide applicators, CDPR has delegated training and certification for public health pesticides to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). The California Vector Control Technician Certification and Continuing Education Guidelines provide detailed procedures for certification and continuing education requirements. To help guide MVCAC members responsible for coordinating Vector Control Technician certification and continuing education at their agencies, we have created a simple overview of the process and direct links to resources.
MVCAC > Training & Certification
- Program Coordinator, Sacramento-Yolo MVCD (October 4, 2017)
- Scientific Program Manager, San Gabriel Valley MVCD (September 27, 2017)
- Public Information Officer, San Gabriel Valley MVCD (September 27, 2017)
- RT @PascoMosquitoEd #FightTheBite against #mosquitoes! https://t.co/Uk9bccNpNH
- RT @SYMVCD Do you know about our integrated #pest management? It includes public info + #education, #mosquito + #vector surveillance, and much more!
- RT @SMCMVCD Suspected bedbugs can be brought to the District office for identification anytime we're open. https://t.co/jUaK37GW4d