October 31 - November 2
October 31-November 2, 2017
Click here to download the Fall Meeting schedule
Please note: The group rate room reservation deadline for this meeting has passed.
Train the Trainer Event – October 31st – FULL
The West Coast American Mosquito Control Association (AMCA) training hub is inviting you to participate in the 2017 AMCA “Train the Trainer” Certification Workshop for Best Practices in Mosquito Control on October 31st. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has sponsored a review of the Best Management Practices for Integrated Mosquito Management manual, in addition to developing a learning curriculum platform in support of this revision. This initiative is being delivered via the American Mosquito Control Association (AMCA), and disseminated through regional training hubs located throughout the country. The two forces driving this initiative are the development of a national platform for mosquito control endorsed by the CDC and the spread of invasive container breeding mosquitoes such as Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus. As such, this workshop has a focus on the behavior and control of these species. The aim of this CDC-AMCA joint training program is to train key individuals that can go out and in turn share the information presented to mosquito control professionals and other stakeholders in their community.
The goals of the program are as follows:
- Verbalize basic information from the AMCA Best Practices for Integrated Mosquito Management manual regarding surveillance, mapping, action thresholds, control, monitoring, and reporting
- Apply the information presented during case study activities
- Formulate intelligent and insightful questions about the discussed techniques
- Adapt new information presented and brought up during discussions and apply it to real-world situations
- Participate in the Capstone activity and display confidence with subject matter
Upon completion of the program, participants will receive certification from AMCA highlighting their trainer status. The workshop itself is free of cost to participants and includes lunch. This event takes place just before the Fall Meeting of the Mosquito and Vector Control Association of California at the Embassy Suites in Sacramento.
This event is now FULL. We look forward to seeing everyone at the event.
Click here for the program schedule.