MVCAC plays an active role in ensuring new legislation and regulations are beneficial to mosquito and vector control districts’ mission to further the protection of public health. In addition to tracking and responding to proposed legislation, MVCAC strives to keep legislators informed of issues of concern to vector control and provides expertise on potential legislative or regulatory solutions. Explore the sections below to learn more about the issues and how to advocate for effective mosquito control.
MVCAC > Advocacy & Legislation
- Assistant or Associate Vector Scientist, Alameda County MAD (May 15, 2018)
- PROGRAM SUPERVISOR – Mosquito Program, Contra Costa MVCD (April 25, 2018)
- Laboratory Assistant (Seasonal), Contra Costa MVCD (April 17, 2018)
- Mosquitoes are out - People encouraged to protect themselves https://t.co/oHhUwOM6qo #FIGHTtheBITE #MosquitoControl
- RT @OCVector Mosquito-borne diseases are a real threat in California. Let’s manage the risk https://t.co/0I0JCuJh7P
- RT @AlamedaMosquito District employees are certified public health vector control technicians through the California Department of Publ… https://t.co/tNFSTxCgIF